On The Rio Wind. . .

This is it. My first novel. I guess that's not true, I wrote three others when I was just a youngster. The first, written at the age of 10 or so, was about a big shot who crashed his private jet, resulting in the loss of his legs. Soon after, said big shot meets the woman of his dreams at McDonalds where she's ordering from the value menu. They marry and live happily ever after. A classic tale of unexpected fortune lost among the coloring books. The second novel I wrote when I was 17, it was titled Eighteen. It was about a bunch of teenagers traveling out to California. Once they get there they lived in a ramshackle shed on the beach. Before long that desperate teenage drama ensues and they go their separate ways, but not before one of them gets run over by a bus. The third, written when I was 19, is about a girl who moves to the big city and falls in love with a drug dealer who looks like Eminem, or at least he did in my mind.
Between the age of 19 and 28 is an abyss in which I wrote only poetry, non fiction and short stories. Then, three years ago in a fiction class I started The Rio Wind. If I were to sum this story up I would do so as such: The Rio Wind is a post apocalyptic tale about a single mother and her two sons traveling across Texas. They meet several survivors but the pleasantries we exchange as pre apocalyptic persons are long gone. The rule is survival. There is a tyrannical new government taking over and pockets of helpless survivors trying to evade them. Soon it is obvious that the only hope lays in organization of the refugees. 
I like to think I have come a long way since I wrote about the big shot with the private jet, but whose to say what art is? In any case, this, The Rio Wind, is the first novel I've written which I am making available for sale. I'm selling it as an ebook through Kindle. It is only $5, which is less than a pack of cigarettes or a fancy drink or lunch at McDonalds. And if you buy it and have any afterthoughts about it, please write a review. I would love that! Just follow the link.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facts of Life

Season of Change

The Way Out